Thursday, January 21, 2016

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes

I love veggies, all veggies!  Well maybe not beets, but everything else!  I have always loved Brussels Sprouts, but we grew up eating them boiled or maybe topped with a cheese sauce.  Roasting them is one of my two favorite ways to eat them.  The roasting brings out the natural sweetness in all veggies and carmelizes into so much flavor!  Meaningless info: the actual name is Brussels Sprout.  I guess I always pictured them growing in little rows like mini cabbages but then I saw them at Trader Joe's like this:






This is such an easy side dish to throw together.  The two veggies pair really well together. Enjoy!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes

1 lb. fresh Brussels Sprouts 
1 large sweet potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon pepper
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
Salt to taste

Wash veggies.  Slice ends of sprouts off and remove any loose outer leaves.  Cut in halves.  Cut sweet potato into 1/2 inch cubes.  Place veggies, oil and spices into a large ziploc.  Shake well to coat and pour onto lightly oiled cookie sheet.  Spray with additional olive oil spray.  Roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes.




My other favorite way to eat them is like this:

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts

I use balsamic vinegar and the pre cooked crumbled bacon from Costco.  Fast and easy and so good!!!

Thanks for visiting!  I'd love to hear your comments and please join me at the fun parties below!

~Renee
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage



3 comments:

  1. A nice way to get your veggies in! Thank you for adding your post to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your combination of Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes, this looks delicious. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete